The Château de la Piscine is a Montpellier folie dating from the second half of the 18th century. As a private property, it can only be admired from the outside.
The Château was built in 1770 for Joseph Philibert de Belleval, the Auditor-General, Grants and Contributions for Montpellier, on the site of the Mas de la Peyssine dating from 1435. Its name comes from the elegant scenery around the pond, framed by side pathways opening out onto imposing vases and statues representing the four seasons.
Elisa Bonaparte, the Grand Duchess of Tuscany, stayed here in 1814 after the fall of Napoleon.
In April 1965, the estate was visited by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the queen mother, during a private trip to France.
Listed as a historical monument in 1942, the château has a French-style country garden. It is not open to the public.