- 1The Faculty of Medicine and its anatomical collection
- 2Day of enjoyment: Authentic and Contemporary Montpellier
- 3"En route" for 1000 years of History
- 4Tireless Montpellier
- 5Contemporary Montpellier in Port Marianne, a tale of passion
- 6Musique and prestige
- 7Roman Heritage
- 8Pearls of the Mediterranean
- 9Gourmet Mediterranean from Sète to Bouzigues
- 10 Towns and villages in Hérault
A half-day in the beating heart of medicine in Montpellier
Meet your guide at the Tourist Office.
The history of medicine is attached to the city of Montpellier.
Before you push open the doors of the illustrious medical school, discover the buildings that made a mark on that history as you explore the streets of the historical city centre: Girone and Mende Colleges, the old Royal College of Medicine (now the Panacée, a contemporary art and cultural centre). Since the Middle Ages, these streets have been travelled by students both anonymous and illustrious, such as Rabelais, Nostradamus and the Platters brothers.