In 1469, Raoul Bocaud, the first of a family of high-ranking magistrates, bought some farmland in Jacou and had a house built on it.
Later, Pierre de Bocaud, the regional Auditor-General, had the building remodelled in a 17th century style. The building was changed further in the 18th and 19th centuries.
This Montpellier folie overlooks terraces connected by stairs with French-style flowerbeds and ornamental boxwood.
The 18th-century garden has been listed as a historical monument since 2000. Near the lake is an exceptional feature: a nymph grotto decorated with rocks and shells.